My Review of The Dragonkin Trilogy

The Dragonkin Trilogy - Michael Meyerhofer

I received The Dragonkin Trilogy from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

The Dragonkin Trilogy by Michael Meyerhofer is the story of Rowen Locke. Rowen has always dreamed of becoming a Knight of Crane, but with war looming Rowen has to decide where he stands.

First I have to say WOW!!! I was thoroughly blown away by this story. It is your typical sword and sorcery tale, but yet it isn't. Yes, it has the good vs. evil. Yes, it has magic. And yes, it has battles, and lots of them. But, what isn't typical is the fact that you won't find your typical races. You won't find dwarfs, elves, orcs, and the like. This tale has a host of very different races. It was very refreshing to meet these new races and still have the feel of a sword and sorcery tale.

This story is very well written with vivid descriptions, and amazing world building. The characters are flawed, which makes them stand out from the pages and become flesh and bone. The dialogue is entertaining with a few laughs here and there.

My only problem with this trilogy is that I feel as though some of the issues surrounding certain characters weren't fully resolved at the end. I'm hoping that the author is going to continue this story with focusing on those particular characters with spin-offs. If not for this fact, I would have given this trilogy five stars. So, therefore I'm giving the entire trilogy 4.5.

I highly recommend this trilogy because it is well written with a host of new races, and lots of excitement.